We took a clean, empty aquarium outside then filled it with some moist dirt, a small, flat rock, a piece of bark, a broken twig and various dead leaves. Then we scoured the woods behind our house for pill bugs. We found several, probably fifty, under the logs and pieces of bark along the ground near our wood pile. Norah used a disposable, plastic spoon to gently coax them off and into the aquarium. We put the lid on (tightly) and brought the aquarium inside to observe the pill bugs for a few days. “Operation Pill Bug” was a success! Note: We got the idea for this activity from Mudpies to Magnets.